In the United States, obesity and cardiovascular diseases have reached epidemic proportions, affecting millions of lives. Amid this health crisis, a beacon of hope emerges: Semaglutide, a medication initially developed to treat diabetes, now shows promise in addressing these pervasive health challenges. This situation is particularly alarming as…Read more...
Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery and Other Weight Loss Procedures Near Me in Beverly Hills and West Hills
Weight loss surgery is one of the most requested procedures at Grossman Medical, as diet and exercise alone will not help a wide range of people hit their goals, and others may have a medical condition in which losing weight in a timely manner is critical to improving one’s overall health, and to eliminate certain symptoms.
At Grossman Medical we offer a wide range of weight loss surgery options that utilize surgical solutions, medical endoscopic approaches and minimally invasive weight loss procedures with life-changing results that enable people to look and feel better. Patients from all over California, Los Angeles County, and nearby residents in Beverly Hills and West Hills come to Grossman Medical for top quality gastric bypass and bariatric surgical procedures so they can hit their weight loss goals and live a more fulfilled, healthier life. Dr. Peter Grossman offers all of his weight loss surgery patients with unparalleled compassion, empathy and expertise. Call Grossman Medical to book a weight loss surgery consultation so that you can determine which approach is best suited to help you achieve your goals.
What are the Most Popular Types of Weight Loss Surgery and Procedures?
Based on your medical history, existing health, age, body’s condition, and a number of other factors, Dr. Grossman will help you determine which type of weight loss surgery, or weight loss procedure, is right for you. Here are some of the most commonly performed weight loss surgeries and procedures performed:
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Sleeve
- Gastric Balloon
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Another type of weight loss surgery that you might run into when doing your research is an unpopular approach in which surgeons implant an electrical device within the body that interferes with the signals that transmit between the stomach and the brain in order to reduce one’s appetite and food cravings. However, the six weight loss procedures outlined above are significantly more popular, as more research has been conducted in these areas and the results are more favorable.
Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery
Gastric bypass is a type of bariatric surgery that enables people to lose weight when diet and exercise have failed. When Dr. Grossman performs gastric bypass weight loss surgery changes are made to the stomach and small intestine to change the way one digests and absorbs food. Gastric bypass weight loss surgery is able to help people achieve their weight goals by the following:
- Placing limitations on the amount of calories your body needs absorbs
- Limiting the amount of food that your stomach holds
- Transforming your gut hormones so that you feel full for longer periods of time with continued appetite suppression while reversing the obesity-caused metabolic syndrome.
When one undergoes gastric bypass weight loss surgery, Dr. Grossman will create a small pouch from the stomach and connect it directly to the small intestine. After this surgery swallowed food to go to this small pouch of stomach and then move to the small intestine thereby bypassing most of the stomach and the first section of the small intestine. When diet and exercise have failed you, or if you have serious medical problems caused by your weight, gastric bypass weight loss surgery could be your best option for hitting the “reset” button on your health.
Who is a Good Candidate for Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery?
If you are considering gastric bypass weight loss surgery at Grossman Medical, then be prepared to meet specific criteria during your consultation with Dr. Grossman. While the criteria may be slightly different for individual patients, these are the general guidelines based on universal health standards by the National Industries of Health:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) is greater than 40 or greater than 35 for those with medical complications related to obesity this can include high blood pressure, diabetes, gallbladder disease and sleep apnea).
- Body weight greater than 100 pounds above one’s ideal weight.
- No indication of active drug addiction, alcoholism, or a major psychiatric disorder.
- A journal or type of documented history outlining weight loss and weight management attempts through supervised diets and exercise programs.
In addition to these points, Dr. Grossman will evaluate other criteria such as your age and general health to determine if gastric bypass weight loss surgery is right for you.
Will Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery Help Me Get My Dream Body?
If you are a good candidate for gastric bypass weight loss surgery, you may require some additional procedures after your weight loss to sculpt your body to an ideal image that reflects your beauty goals. While gastric bypass is a very successful type of weight loss surgery that offers fast results, it does not eliminate sagging skin from rapid weight loss, and some areas of the body may still cling to fat storage. When patients go in for gastric bypass weight loss surgery at Grossman Medical, a large majority of them get additional procedures once their desired weight is achieved. Some of these include the following:
- Monsplasty (Pubic Lift) – Most women who have been obese for a lengthy period of time have fat storage on the outter portion of the vagina known as the mons pubis. Gastric bypass weight loss surgery will not enable this part of the body to shred itself of fat, so many women return to get a monsplasty or pubic lift, and if needed, a labiaplasty.
- Tummy Tuck – This procedure will remove the layers of sagging skin that may be left over and will tighten up the abdomen.
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) – Brachioplasty is a surgical procedure that removes waddle and loose skin from the upper portions of one’s underarm area. The results will give you toned, healthy-looking arms to compliment the new, thinner you.
- Body Lift – If multiple areas of the body have loose, sagging skin then a body lift may be the preferred option for removing excess skin and tightening everything up.
- Morpheus8 – Some gastric bypass weight loss surgery patients are ideal candidates for Morpheus8 treatments. This is a good solution for people who may not have excess skin, but instead are left with wrinkles and lines that were not present before their weight loss.
Not all people will have sagging skin after undergoing gastric bypass surgery. Even predicting this is a difficult thing for physicians to determine. How your body looks after weight loss from gastric bypass surgery will be predicated on the elasticity of your skin and its ability to snap back into place. If your skin has high elasticity, then it will have a better chance of conforming to the new body shape. Keep in mind that areas of the skin that stretch the most from weight gain tend to be less elastic, and if you spend a lot of time in the sun or smoke, this can cause your skin to be less elastic. Finally, genetics and age also play a role in the elasticity of one’s skin. When you book a gastric bypass weight loss surgery consultation with Dr. Peter Grossman, we will be able to give you a better prediction for how your body will likely look after you hit your weight goal, and if additional procedures are needed, these will be good follow-up and maintenance options in the event you require some additional work.
Now that you have considered all this information, it’s important not to get ahead of yourself. Schedule a consultation at Grossman Medical in order to get a realistic forecast of what your reasonable expectations should be, as each and every patient is different. Whether your chances are low for having sagging skin due to your skin’s high elasticity, medical history and genetics, or you have a higher probability and would benefit from follow-up procedures, or whether simple Morpheus8 maintenance treatments will likely help you achieve your ideal body, Dr. Grossman will go over the more likely outcomes with you, and as you continue to see him in your post-op checkups, your body’s reaction to rapid weight loss will be more apparent and Dr. Grossman will be able to give you the best possible path to follow to help you finalize the body you will love for decades to come.
Leading Weight Loss Surgeon in Beverly Hills, West Hills, and All of Los Angeles
Dr. Peter H. Grossman is renowned for helping patients who struggle with weight loss. Board-certified and President of the Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgeons, he has more than two decades of experience in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Grossman is committed to helping achieve natural-looking results while focusing on patient comfort, trust, and satisfaction, whether they are seeking a bariatric, gastric bypass, or lap band surgeon.
Call Grossman Medical for A Gastric Bypass Consultation to See if This is the Best Weight Loss Surgery for Your Needs, or if Another Procedure is More Ideal
Now is the time to finely shed that stubborn fat and create a body you will love, while improving your overall health. Call Grossman Medical today to schedule a consultation with our caring team and prepare to start a new and exciting chapter in your life!